Good morning, Potomac! It’s Monday morning and time to start your work week with this week’s “5 Things.” Among our offerings: weather, some interesting tidbits and a few quick notes.
1. We have a mixed weather week ahead of us with a mix of rain, clouds and sun. High temperatures will get into the 70s, with lows in the 40s. Today will be cloudy with a high of 69, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight will be cloudy with lows dropping to 57.
2. Patch sites around the county are teaming up to find the area’s favorite Mother’s Day brunch spot as part of our weekly "Readers’ Choice" contests. Let us know your favorite and help Patch find the region’s best place to drink mimosas and dine with Mom!
3. Last week was opening day for the Sugo Cicchetti in Park Potomac. Are you planning to stop by for lunch or dinner? Make sure to tell your neighbors about how the restaurant measures up! Rate it here.
4. Better pick up your Nora Roberts or John Grisham books early this month, before the Potomac Library closes for renovations. The library will be closed from May 24 through 1 p.m. on June 2 to install new carpets and repaint the building.
5. Do you have an event that you're trying to promote on Patch? Looking for volunteers? Trying to promote a group exercise adventure? Do you have a church potluck that you want everyone to know about? Post it yourself on Patch! It's super easy; check out a quick how-to-video here.