Good morning, Potomac! It’s Monday morning, Montgomery County’s first day back to school and time to get your day started with these “5 Things.” Among our offerings: weather, a recap of to expect today and some notices for the week ahead.
1. We can expect a cooler week, with clouds and rain during the first half of the week and weather clearing up into the weekend. Highs will reach the mid-80s, with lows in the 60s. Today will be mostly cloudy with a high near 85 and a chance of rain, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight’s lows will drop to 70.
2. Montgomery County Public Schools start up again today, which means dozens of school buses will be on the roads this morning. Montgomery County Police will now fine drivers passing buses illegally, to the tune of $250. Make sure you know the rules this morning before catching yourself with a fine.
3. Speaking of Montgomery County’s back-to-school day, Patch will be out and about with our cameras, capturing all the excitement. If you see us, come over and say “hi!” -- but if we miss you, make sure to upload pictures of your own first-day-of-school jitters and laughter to our photo gallery here. Happy school day, Potomac! Hope you don’t get too much homework.
5. Potomac Patch is inviting active and involved community members to join our Local Voices section and blog about life in Potomac, MD. Local activists, businesses owners and concerned residents are welcome to share their unique perspectives on the issues affecting the area. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. Do you have an event that you're trying to promote on Patch? Looking for volunteers? Trying to promote a group exercise adventure? Do you have a church potluck that you want everyone to know about? Post it yourself on Patch! It's super easy; check out a quick how-to-video here.