Good morning, Potomac! It’s Monday morning, and time to get your work week started with today’s “5 Things.” Among our offerings: weather, some interesting tidbits and a few quick notes.
1. We have a varied week ahead of us, with a mix of rain and sun. High temperatures will get into the 60s, with lows in the 40s. Today will be sunny, with a high of 60, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight will be clear with lows dropping to 36.
2. Patch sites in Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Potomac and North Potomac-Darnestown are teaming up to find the best Chinese restaurant in the area in our first-ever "Best Of" contest. Let us know your favorite and help Patch find the region’s best Chinese food!
3. Do you have an event that you're trying to promote on Patch? Looking for volunteers? Trying to promote a group exercise adventure? Do you have a church potluck that you want everyone to know about? Post it yourself on Patch! It's super easy; check out a quick how-to-video here.
4. Potomac Patch is inviting active and involved community members to join our Local Voices section and blog about life in Potomac, MD. Local activists, businesses owners and concerned residents are welcome to share their unique perspectives on the issues affecting the area. Email email@example.com for more information.
5. Are you a social media buff? Do you love to share and connect with your community online? Check out the Potomac Patch Twitter account, and follow it for all the latest Potomac updates, especially regarding breaking news. We also have a Facebook page were we poll readers on those fun questions we’re just itching to ask.