5 Things to Know This Week: June 18-24
Check out our calendar for more of the week's events.
Good morning, Potomac! It’s Tuesday morning, and we’re going to help you get the work day started with these “5 Things.” Among our offerings: weather, some interesting tidbits and a few quick notes.
1. After Monday’s rain, we should experience clear, sunny skies for the next two days. Thursday and Friday will bring the clouds and rain before the weather clears again for the weekend. High temperatures this week will get into the 90s, with lows in the 60s. Today will be partly sunny with a high near 90, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight will be cloudy with lows around 70.
2. Patch is relaunching its Readers’ Choice program and we’re asking you, your friends, family, neighbors and coworkers to help determine the best of the best by entering your nominations in each of our categories -- ranging from favorite pizza spot to favorite park. Just click on the category, then place your nomination in the comments stream at the bottom of the article.
3. Whether you’re a fan of festivals, fairs or barbecues, summertime typically brings out the best in each. Check out our list to see what Maryland and Washington, DC, have in store for you this summer, and add some of your favorites.
4. Continued construction at the Angler’s Inn section of the C&O Canal towpath means parking may be more difficult this summer than in previous years. Before heading out to enjoy the park, make sure you know what’s up with the parking.
5. Are you a social media buff? Do you love to share and connect with your community online? Check out the Potomac Patch Twitter account, and follow it for all the latest Potomac updates, especially regarding breaking news. We also have a Facebook page were we poll readers on those fun questions we’re just itching to ask.