Good morning, Potomac! It’s Tuesday morning, the beginning of our shortened week after Labor Day and time to get your day started with these “5 Things.” Among our offerings: weather, a recap of what to expect today and some notices for the week ahead.
1. We can expect a rainy week, with clouds and mild-temperatures during the first half of the week. Clouds and rain will likely continue into the weekend. Highs will reach the mid-80s, with lows in the 60s. Today will be mostly cloudy with patches of heavy rain. Today’s high will reach 84, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight’s lows will drop to 69.
2. Labor Day was a boon that gave us all a day off and a long weekend. It was a weekend of fun and play, the final days of long summer pool hours and a time of rest for our country’s hard workers. It also delayed everyone’s trash pick-up and recycling program. If you get county trash service, remember that pick-ups are scheduled one day late this week. If you usually have trash pick-up on Mondays, better rush outside and get those cans out for today’s pick-up.
3. Are you a social media buff? Do you love to share and connect with your community online? Check out Potomac Patch's Twitter account, and follow it for all the latest Potomac updates, especially when there's breaking news. We also have a Facebook page where we poll readers on those fun questions we’re just itching to ask.
4. Potomac Patch is inviting active and involved community members to join our Local Voices section and blog about life in Potomac, MD. Local activists, businesses owners and concerned residents are welcome to share their unique perspectives on the issues affecting the area. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. Do you have an event that you're trying to promote on Patch? Looking for volunteers? Trying to promote a group exercise adventure? Do you have a church potluck that you want everyone to know about? Post it yourself on Patch! It's super easy; check out a quick how-to-video here.