5 Things to Know This Week: New Restaurants, September 11, School Donations
Check out our calendar for more of the week's events.
Good morning, Potomac! It’s Tuesday morning and time to get your day started with these “5 Things.” Among our offerings: weather, a recap of what to expect today and some notices for the week ahead.
1. We can expect a cool week, with clear skies and mild temperatures during the first half of the week. Clouds and rain likely will continue into the weekend. Highs will reach the low 80s, with lows in the 50s. Today will be sunny with a high of 77, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight’s lows will drop to 55.
2. Today is the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, tragedy. Hundreds will remember the day through community service. How will you honor it? Do you have children who are too young to remember the disaster, but old enough to ask questions? Some of our Mom's Talk moms told us how to start looking for the answers.
3. The Cabin John Shopping Center in Potomac has a retro eatery on its horizon serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snacks. Benny's Bar & Grill soon will start renovating the former Popeye's space of the shopping center, giving it a 1940s retro makeover and an 1800-square-foot addition to allow for seating for 200 or more guests.
4. Did you know that you can earn money for your local schools just by grocery shopping like normal? No extra purchases, no extra bills. Here's how to start earning money for your schools now.
5. Potomac Patch is inviting active and involved community members to join our Local Voices section and blog about life in Potomac, MD. Local activists, business owners and concerned residents are welcome to share their unique perspectives on the issues affecting the area. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.