Good morning, Potomac! It’s Monday morning and time to get your week started with these “5 Things.” Among our offerings: weather, a recap of what to expect today and some notices for the week ahead.
1. We can expect varied weather this week, similar to last week with several rainy days. Highs will reach the mid-70s, with lows in the 40s. Today will be sunny with a high of 70, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight’s low will drop to 48.
2. The Churchill boys soccer team is hosting a fundraiser at BGR at the Cabin John Shopping Center tonight from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Fifteen percent of all proceeds from tonight will go to the boys varsity and JV teams. Just mention “Churchill soccer” when you order.
3. Community mourning over the closure of Jade Billows in the Cabin John Shopping Center may soon end. A new Chinese restaurant is coming to town, and may open by the end of the month. Read more here. Other new businesses in the shopping center include Leila’s, a fine gifts and jewelry store, and Benny’s Bar & Grill, which starts construction soon.
4. Are you a social media buff? Do you love to share and connect with your community online? Check out the Potomac Patch Twitter account, and follow it for all the latest Potomac updates, especially regarding breaking news. We also have a Facebook page where we poll readers on those fun questions we’re just itching to ask.
5. Potomac Patch is inviting active and involved community members to join our Local Voices section and blog about life in Potomac, MD. Local activists, businesses owners and concerned residents are welcome to share their unique perspectives on the issues affecting the area. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.