5 Things to Know Today: Aug. 30
A look at the five things to know to begin your day in Potomac.
Happy Tuesday, Potomac. To quench your thirst for bites of information, here's today's list of five things you need to know:
1. Get ready for a beautiful day. Today will be sunny with low humidity and highs in the low 80s. It will be a clear night, and the temperatures will drop into the 50s.
And for those of you who love tracking weather, like me, check out NASA's animation of satellite observations showing Hurricane Irene's trail from the Caribbean, along the East Coast and north into Canada. It's quite amazing.
2. High school football season is nearly here! The Churchill Bullodogs begin their season this Friday, Sept. 2, at 6:30 p.m. against the Kennedy Cavaliers. This is a home game, so come on out and support the Bulldogs. There's nothing quite like Friday night football!
3. Plan your dinner ahead of time. Every Tuesday, Potomac Pizza on Falls Road offers a second large cheese pizza for 99 cents with the purchase of one large pizza. For carry out and dine-in only.
4. Here's something for you Beatles fans to kick off Labor Day weekend. Abbey Road on the River, a five-day, multi-stage music tribute to the Fab Four, begins Thursday, Sept. 1, with a free concert beginning at 5 p.m. at National Harbor on the Potomac River. Enjoy Scottish band Itchycoo Park from Scotland, Old Brown Show from the Netherlands, All You Need is Love from Canada, and more.
5. Village Yoga recently celebrated it's one-year anniversary. If you didn't catch our story on owner Freddy Margolis yesterday, it's worth a read.