5 Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 23
Your daily digest of need-to-know information about Potomac.
Good morning, Potomac and here are the five things you need to know to get you through the day.
1. After snow and cold weather, things will warm up today. It looks like it’s going to be sunny with a high near 41 degrees this afternoon and a low of 28 degrees this evening.
2. Stop by Old Angler’s Inn tonight to help the restaurant support families that are struggling to keep their power on through these cold months. The “Keep the Lights On” fundraiser will go from 7 p.m. until 9 p.m. and will benefit the nearby neighbors at Tobey Town. There is no entrance fee and dress is casual. Also, Community Girls will be there to accept tax deductable donations for this cause.
3. With additional snow on the ground, you may be in the mood for ice-skating again so strap back on those ice skates for Parent and Tot Bargain Skate at the Cabin John Ice Rink. From 10:15 a.m. until 11:15 a.m. parents and toddlers can skate for a low fee. It is $3.50 per toddler to enjoy this activity.
4. If you’re looking for other fun activities for the family around Potomac, don’t miss the “Grab and Go Kids Planner” that will be up on the site today. It’s full of ideas for fun getaway or local events popular for the family.
5. Today the long-awaited Intercounty Connector is opening to commuters today! At 6 a.m., the 7-mile stretch will be opening for drivers for the first time-- and toll free. Tolls of 60 cents to $1.45 will kick in for cars on March 27. All tolls will be collected using E-ZPass technology, and drivers without an E-Z Pass will incur a $3 service charge.