5 Things You Need to Know Today: Jan. 24
Your daily digest of need-to-know info in Potomac.
Welcome to another week of five things you need to know, chock full of information you need to know today in Potomac.
1. Students at local public schools are getting a long weekend because today is a professional day for Montgomery County Public School teachers. Although students won’t be heading to school, offices at local schools and the Montgomery County office will be open.
2. Looks like today will be a nice, warm 27 degrees. Although a temperature in the high 20’s doesn’t sounds warm and appealing, the addition of expected sunshine may remind you of a crisp spring day instead of another blustery winter day. Well, here’s hoping.
3. The Churchill boys' basketball team is on fire and hoping to continue the flame in their game tonight at Northwest. After defeating Clarksburg in a close game over the weekend, Churchill's record now stands at 11-2 overall and 6-0 in the 4A West Division. The game will begin at 7 p.m. so be sure to wear your green and blue and cheer on the boys to another victory.
4. If you’re looking for a little Italian flavor, try the Hunter’s Inn tonight for it’s weekly Italian Night. The restaurant is offering a choice of salad along with a choice of a number of Italian dishes, like spaghetti bolognese, orechiette with sausage and shrimp parmesan.
5. Andy Martin is a friend of the birds and our River Watch columnist will have a story on Potomac Patch later today about spending an afternoon on the Potomac River with this seasoned birdwatcher. Check the site today to learn about how even our top local birdwatchers sometimes get stumped down along the Potomac.