5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 5
The things you need to know to stay informed in the community.
Rise and shine, Potomac! We hope everyone had a great Fourth of July weekend, but it’s time to get back to the grind. Here are the five things you need to know today to keep you informed and on top of what’s happenin’ in the community.
1. It looks like it will be a nice afternoon in Potomac with clouds in the evening. The day will be mostly sunny with a high near 86 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. This evening it will be partly cloudy with a low around 69 degrees.
2. If you speak Chinese or want to practice, join the Chinese Language Book Club meeting at the Potomac Library at 6 p.m. This month’s discussion will be of "Story of Pan" by Nan Shi. Didn’t have time to read this month’s selection? Join the book club on Aug. 2 as they read "Wilderness" by Zhongyuan Sima.
3. Wind down after work with happy hour at Bezu Restaurant. From 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., enjoy specials for the “cocktail du jour,” new craft beers and martinis.
4. If you’re in the mood for pizza tonight, stop by Potomac Pizza for Tuesday night’s special. All day long, customers can buy any large pizza and get a second large pizza for just 99 cents. The offer applies to dine-in and carry-out orders only.
5. Speaking of local businesses like Bezu and Potomac Pizza… be sure to come back to Potomac Patch later today to weigh in on the Moms Talk topic this week—which revolves around spotlighting local businesses with great customer service. What are the spots around town where patrons are treated like gold? Hear what our Moms Council has to say and offer your opinion, too.