5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 28
Your daily digest of need-to-know information about Potomac.
Rise and shine, Potomac. Start your day off right with these five things you need to know to help you stay informed about what’s going on in the community.
1. Get ready for some rain because there’s a chance of showers throughout the day. Thunderstorms are likely after 9 a.m. and again between midnight and 3 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. It will still be very warm with highs near 85 degrees and a low around 67 degrees.
2. Speaking of rain… precipitation may bring the kids indoors this summer, but don’t let it get them down. Our Moms Council discussed some of the great things to do to keep kids busy and active this summer — even in the rain. Come back to the site later today to see some of their suggestions and add a few of your own.
3. Enjoy some wine and some food the Hunter's Inn wine tasting event. From 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., join Adam Harriger from Monument Wines for wine tasting. Enjoy some hors d'oeuvres with your wine, as well.
4. The Potomac Lions Club is meeting from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Potomac Community Center. The Potomac Lions Club is a group of men and women who work together to give back to the society and community. The club meets on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at the community center. To find out more information about joining, check out the Lion Club’s website.
5. If you’re in the mood for pizza tonight, stop by Potomac Pizza for Tuesday night’s special. All day long, customers can buy any large pizza and get a second large pizza for just 99 cents. The offer applies to dine-in and carry-out orders only.