5 Things You Need to Know Today: May 16
Your daily digest of need-to-know information about Potomac.
Wake up and smell the coffee, Potomac! It’s Monday morning and you may not be able to start the work week off, but it’s always a good time to get informed about what’s going on in the community! Let these five things help you start your five things off right.
1. Grab your umbrella because showers are going to hit Potomac. Thunderstorms will come around noon and again in the evening, according to the National Weather Service. The day’s high is 73 degrees and the low will be near 57 degrees.
2. It’s not too late to get an inside look at some of the amazing houses in the area! The Potomac Spring House Tour sponsored by Har Shalom is going on from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Proceeds will benefit the local and worldwide charities sponsored by the congregation. For ticket information, visit the website or call 301-299-7087 ext. 336.
3. Are you looking for a good deal or ways to save some of your hard-earned dough? Come back to Potomac Patch around noon for a list of some of the week’s great bargains in the area including a deal at Good Earth Garden Market.
4. If you’re looking for a little Italian flavor, try the Hunter’s Inn tonight for it’s weekly Italian Night. The restaurant is offering a choice of salad along with a choice of a number of Italian dishes, like spaghetti bolognese, orechiette with sausage and shrimp parmesan.
5. Alright, Potomac, we need your help! Know a great kid who made Eagle Scout or organized a neighborhood cleanup? They may be our next Patch Whiz Kid honoree. Potomac Patch is going to be spotlighting an outstanding kid in the community each week, so submit your nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org to possibly have them featured on the site.