7 Ways to Help Superstorm Sandy Victims
The Red Cross offers ideas for individuals and businesses to help out storm victims.
Wondering how to help those still suffering from the effects of Superstorm Sandy, especially those in New York and New Jersey?
The New York Red Cross provided the following suggestions for individuals and businesses.
- Donate Blood or Host A Blood Drive: Encourage employees to participate in community blood drives and/or host a blood drive on-site for both staff and customers. As a blood drive sponsor, you can help meet the blood needs of patients in your community and across the United States.
- Implement a Customer Donation Program: Give your customers the opportunity to support Disaster Relief by simply adding a dollar amount to their total purchase.
- Sponsor an Employee Giving and Matching Gift Program: Engage employees by sponsoring a fundraising campaign in support of Disaster Relief and provide an incentive to participate by matching employee donations.
- Conduct a Percentage of Sales Program: Showcase your commitment to the Red Cross and the people we serve while generating sales for your company by donating a percentage
- Donate Ad Space: Donate a portion of your advertising inventory and help share our stories.
- Place a Red Cross Banner Ad on Your Website: Place a Red Cross banner ad on your company website to reinforce your support of the Red Cross and encourage donations through our Donate Now webpage.
Tell us what you're doing to help out those most impacted the storm.