Updated: County Storm Announcements, Closings For Tuesday
Montgomery County announced early Tuesday the following closures related to Hurricane Sandy.
Updated at 3 p.m.: Montgomery County announced early Tuesday the following closures related to Hurricane Sandy:
- Montgomery County Government is closed today and will reopen Wednesday.
- No charge for county parking facilities today. There will also be no charge at county on-street meters.
- The Transfer Station is tentatively scheduled to open today at 9 a.m.
- All county facilities, including libraries are closed today.
- All M-NCPPC Montgomery Parks facilities and parks remain closed -- residents urged to avoid parks and trails until furthur notice.
- Federal offices are closed to the public.
- All State offices and facilities will be closed to the end of the day shift Tuesday, October 30, 2012. Emergency essential personnel should report as scheduled.
- Ride-On Service will resume on a Sunday schedule today at 4 p.m.; limited Metro services will resume around 2 p.m.
- Montgomery County Public Schools are closed and will reopen Wednesday.
- Montgomery College is closed.
The Activity Center shelter at Bohrer Park in Gaithersburg closed at 11 a.m. Tuesday. The White Oak Community Recreation Center, at 1700 April La. Silver Spring, and the Mid-County Community Recreation Center, at 2004 Queensguard Rd., Silver Spring, closed at 2 p.m. Tuesday.
Call 311, or 240-777-0311 from a cell phone, for questions regarding county government services, or go to www.MC311.com for online help.
Call 911 in the event of life-threatening emergencies or call 301-279-8000 for police-related non-emergencies.