August is halfway over, and fall is just around the corner.
Patch has pulled five Potomac-centric events and programs from the Montgomery County Fall Recreational Guide, which was released earlier this week by Montgomery County Parks and Planning and the county recreation department.
Check it out:
- The Locust Grove Nature Center is hosting a School's Out Hike on Oct. 19, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. for kids between 6 and 12 years old. The even is free, but participants must register (see page 126 of the guide viewer)
- The Cabin John play ground near Tuckerman Lane will host Tuesday in the Park, helping kids explore nature. No registration is required. The event takes place from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. on select October and November dates (see page 132 of the guide viewer).
- Is your child a budding artist? Sign him or her up for a "Cartooning with Young Rembrandts" class at the Potomac Community Center this October. Registration is $80 (See page 41 in the guide viewer). For older children, there is another art class titled "Right Brain Drawing." Registration is $119 (See page 45 in the guide viewer).
- Interested in breaking in a pair of dancing shoes? The Potomac Community Center will offer multiple types of classes in September, from ballet to hiphop to ballroom dancing. (See pages 48-50 in the guide viewer).
- Inspired by the Olympics? Take a Tai Chi or Yoga camp in September, also at the Potomac Community Center. If Tai Chi doesn't peak your interest, check out the dozens of other fitness classes offered through the fall. Class registration ranges from $60-$200 (See page 64 in the guide viewer).
What other fun events or programs are taking place in Potomac this fall? Tell us in the comments and add them to Patch's community calendar.