A look at the Hanukkah festivities happening around Potomac.
Hanukkah began Dec. 1 and lasts until Dec. 9 and many local synagogs are celebrating the season will special services and fun-filled events. Be sure to celebrate the festival of lights at some of these events hosted by area synagogues.
- Hanukkah services and treats will take place on Dec. 3 at 6 p.m. at 10621 South Glen Road.
- There will be a Hanukkah celebration at the Potomac Village courtyard, on Dec. 7th at 5 p.m. The celebration will take place at the Potomac Village Shopping Center at the corner of Falls Road and River Road.
- On Dec. 4, the synagog is hosting a Dreidel Night at the synagog at 8 p.m. The casino evening will feature games and prices throughout the evening. Tickets cost $36 per person and include the price of the buffet and drinks at the event.
- Magical Hanukkah Happening is taking place on Dec. 5th from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The show will feature a performance by Magician Benjamin Corey as well as fun crafts and dinner.
- Tickets for the event will cost $10 for adults and are free for children. The maximum family cost is $20. Call 301-299-7087, extension 321 to make a reservation.
- Fun Hanukkah games and latke celebration will take place on Dec. 5 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Tickets cost $5 for people under 12 years old and the maximum family cost is $15. Individuals can pay online in advance.
- The synagog will host a Hanukkah Community Celebration with the acrobatic and stunt feats of performer Michael Rosman, a giant menorah lighting, free dreidels, jelly donuts, clowns, balloons, music, dancing and more.
- The event is Dec. 5 from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Cabin John Shopping Center parking lot and food court at the corner of Tuckerman and Seven Locks Road.
- There will be a Hanukkah Havdalah event for Young Families on Dec. 4 at 4 p.m. There event will feature Shalom Science from Mad Science, awesome art projects, latkes, chicken nuggets and treats. Tickets are $5 per family. RSVPs are appreciated; call 301-279-7505 to book now.