Patch Picks: Best Places to Watch the Super Bowl
Some of the best bets for places to watch the Packers and Steelers face off.
Every Thursday, Patch will run a new weekly feature called Patch Picks, highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
You’ll find useful lists to help you, your family, friends and significant others find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year’s Eve celebrations, pumpkin patches, date night destinations, florists, girlfriend nights out, kids party places, parks and more.
This week we will be tackling (no pun intended) the best places to watch the Super Bowl as the Green Bay Packers and the Pittsburgh Steelers face off.
- The Hunter’s Inn- No matter what team you’re rooting for, stop by the Super Bowl Party at 6 p.m. in the restaurant’s pub on Sunday. There will be half price burgers, chicken wings, nachos and draft beer — all of the components for a great game day. The regular menu will also be available.
- Outta The Way Café- About 25 minutes outside of Potomac, this Steeler’s bar located in Rockville should be the destination for all fans dressed in black and yellow. The bar, which has been a Steeler’s fan hot spot for about 20 years, will show the Super Bowl game on several flat screen televisions and projectors. Seats are limited, however, and while tickets are free, the line to get in forms early on Sunday morning.
- Stetson’s Bar and Grille- In all fairness, we can’t highlight a Steeler’s bar without pointing the Green Bay fans in the right direction. If you’re cheering on the Packers on Sunday, try Stetson’s Bar and Grille, about 30 minutes outside of Potomac. Specials on Sunday include $2.50 fro Rail Drinks, Miller Lite & Miller High-Life as well as $8 Bud Light pitchers.
- Rockefellas- This sport bar and restaurant in Gaithersburg has 14 flat screen televisions, so fans can watch the game from just about any angle. There will be happy hour pricing at the bar for the duration of the big game. That's $1 off every drink.
- Home- This may seem like a no brainer, but perhaps the best seat in the house is, well… in your house. So make yourself some nachos or order in, get comfy in your own couch and turn on the game.
Want to suggest a list? Submit your idea in the comment box.