On the one day of the year when everyone can be Irish— at least in spirit— where will you celebrate?
Do you head out to the local Irish pub for a pint or are shamrock-topped cupcakes with clover-colored frosting more your thing?
Patch sites in Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Potomac and North Potomac-Darnestown are teaming up to find the best local place to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in our third Readers' Choice contest. (So far, we've looked at favorite workout spots and favorite Chinese restaurants.)
It's easy to participate: Simply vote for your favorite place to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in the poll below. Choose from the following places:
- Clyde's of Chevy Chase, 5441 Wisconsin Ave., Chevy Chase
- Dogfish Head Alehouse, 800 W. Diamond Ave., Gaithersburg
- Flanagans Harp and Fiddle, 4844 Cordell Ave., Bethesda
- Frosting, A Cupcakery, 1 Wisconsin Circle, Chevy Chase
- Growlers Restaurant & Brewery, 227 E. Diamond Ave., Gaithersburg
- Irish Inn at Glen Echo, 6119 Tulane Ave., Glen Echo
- Ri Ra Irish Pub, 4931 Elm St., Bethesda
Don't see your favorite on the list? Tell us about it in the comment box below the poll. Comments count as votes too!
What makes your favorite the best of the bunch? Click on the link of your favorite St. Patrick's Day place in the list above, then—on its Patch Places listing—rate it and review it.
The poll starts on Monday, March 12, at 5 a.m. and closes at 9 a.m. on Friday, March 16. The winning place's name will be posted on Patch after noon on Friday.
Because this poll is not scientific, the votes will not be the sole consideration in choosing the winner. The winner will be determined by Patch editors, and the selection will be based on poll results, ratings and reviews. Please vote only once per survey and per Patch.