More than 200 social media influencers and entrepreneurs are expected to attend the first-ever full-day conference dedicated to educating, uniting and connecting Washington, DC area female bloggers and business owners.
Femworking, LLC, is pleased to announce that registration is open for the first-ever Femworking Blogger & Small Business Conference. The conference will be held outside the Nation’s Capital on October 26, 2013, at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in Arlington, Va. A discount of $50 is available for conference attendees who register on or before September 5, 2013.
The conference will host nearly 20 distinguished panelists and speakers, including business leaders, successful entrepreneurs, nationally recognized bloggers, a bestselling author, marketing professionals, social media experts, authorities on tax and legal issues and an innovative SEO/SEM professional.
The keynote speaker is Jill Smokler, New York Times Best Selling Author and owner of the website Scary Mommy, which has more than 3 million page views a month. Attendees will not only hear from Smokler, but will receive a signed copy of her latest book “Motherhood Comes Naturally (and Other Vicious Lies)” as part of their registration
“This conference is about inspiring, educating, and connecting bloggers and small business owners to help them discover how to live their dreams,” said Kelley Sanabria, President and CEO of Femworking, LLC. “Femworking’s mission is to bring female bloggers and business owners together for mutual benefit and growth, so this conference is a natural extension of an organization that believes in inspiring, educating and connecting women.”
In addition to the full-day educational conference, there will be a vendor area for business owners to showcase their goods and services. In the evening, Femworking will also host a Reader and Client Appreciation Cocktail Party to allow attendees to invite their readers and clients as a thank you. This unique networking event will highlight the importance of connecting and establishing a strong brand presence.
“I am extremely excited to be a part of this conference, which is already creating quite a buzz within the local blogging community,” said Nicole Dash, writer, child care business owner and author of the blog Tiny Steps Mommy. “It is about time this area’s incredible pool of talented bloggers and inspirational entrepreneurs were brought together in a big way.”
The conference will include:
- A seminar on How to Optimize Your Business and Blog featuring Chad Hill of HubShout
- A seminar on Using Social Media (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to Grow Your Business and Blog featuring Laura Harders, Beltway Bargain Mom, Dawn McCaslin, The Crispy Sage and Nicole Dash, Tiny Steps Mommy
- A seminar on Connecting With Brands / Monetizing Your Blog / Marketing Your Business featuring Christine Wilson and Tracey Harrington McCoy of MtoM Consulting
- A blogger panel featuring Jessica McFadden, A Parent in Silver Spring/A Parent in America; Monica Sakala, Wired Momma and Maria Jose Ovalle, Very Busy Mamá – Life Beauty & Style;
- A small business panel featuring Jamie Ratner, Certifikid, LLC and Jasmyn Price of Little Foxes Consulting
- A Discussion on Legal and Tax Issues for Businesses and Bloggers featuring Rebecca Geller of The Geller Law Group and Somya Munjal of Youthful Savings
For the complete conference schedule and registration information please visit www.FemworkingConference.com. Speakers, panelists and sponsors are being added daily.
For more information, please contact Kelley@femworking.com or Nicole@femworking.com.