Good morning, Potomac! It’s Monday morning and time to get your week started with these “5 Things.” Among our offerings: weather, a recap of what to expect today and some notices for the week ahead.
1. We’re looking at some varied weather this week, with sun, rain, cloudy skies, highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s. Today will be rainy with a high of 67, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight’s low will drop to 33.
2. Vino Volo opens Friday on Woodmont Avenue, bringing with it a wine lounge and restaurant. Check out our photos of the new location and let us know if you’re planning to go here. Several other new businesses are opening soon on Bethesda Row as well.
3. The Washington Hebrew Congregation Sisterhood's 26th Annual Holiday Boutique & Silent Auction takes place today. Profits will support local, national and international charities. Shoppers can choose from more than 50 vendors from across the region, featuring jewelry, handbags, children's clothing, toys, home, decor, pottery, stationery and more.
4. Film lovers: The Bethesda Arts & Entertainment District is accepting submissions for the inaugural Bethesda Film Fest. Selected filmmakers will be invited to show their documentary at the formal screening and will receive a $150 honorarium.
5. Do you love to share and connect with your community online? Check out the Potomac Patch Twitter account, and follow it for all the latest Potomac updates, especially regarding breaking news. We also have a Facebook page where we poll readers on those fun questions we’re just itching to ask.
Hang On! Wind Advisory in Effect for Maryland
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something