Good morning, Potomac! It’s Monday morning, and time to start your work week with this week’s “5 Things.” Among our offerings: weather, some interesting tidbits and a few quick notes.
1. We have a varied week ahead of us, with showers and a chance of thunderstorms through the beginning of the week and a mix of clouds and sun after Wednesday. High temperatures will get into the upper 70s, with lows in the 50s. Today will be rainy with a possible thunderstorm and a high of 70, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight will be rainy with lows dropping to 61.
2. The at 10 a.m. at the . Last year the festival raised over $20,000 for charities serving women and children. Most of that was probably raised by what we hear is a phenomenal strawberry shortcake sale. Are you going to the festival this year? We’ll see you there!
3. Local activists, businesses owners and concerned residents are welcome to share their unique perspectives on the issues affecting the area. Email email@example.com for more information.
4. Better pick up your Nora Roberts or John Grisham books early this month, before the closes for renovations. from May 24 through 1 p.m. on June 2 to install new carpets and repaint the building.
5. Do you have an event that you're trying to promote on Patch? Looking for volunteers? Trying to promote a group exercise adventure? Do you have a church potluck that you want everyone to know about? Post it yourself on Patch! It's super easy; .