Good morning, Potomac! It’s Monday morning and time to get your week started with these “5 Things.” Among our offerings: weather, a recap of to expect today and some notices for the week ahead.
1. We’re looking at some beautiful fall weather this week, with sun, highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. Today will be sunny with a high of 70, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight’s low will drop to 50.
2. It was a beautiful weekend, and there was plenty to do -- especially at Potomac Day. Did you visit the annual festival on Saturday? Share your pictures of the parade, rides, business fair and family fun with your neighbors on Patch.
3. A Navy traffic study may not offer a complete picture as to how traffic has worsened near Walter Reed Bethesda since the federally-mandated Base Realignment and Closure transition last year, according to a county coordinator at a Thursday Planning Board hearing. Do you think traffic on the Rockville Pike has worsened since last year’s BRAC transition?
4. A multiple-victim assault and several attempted burglaries were reported in Potomac in the Montgomery County Police Department crime summary for the period of Oct. 1-9. For more information click here.
5. The best part of our childhood school years was getting the monthly lunch menu in the mail. Now you can have that feeling of joy and excitement each week with the Montgomery County Public Schools lunch listing on Patch. Is it pizza day yet?
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something