Each week, Patch puts together a list of local activities and events going on in your area this weekend. Check back weekly and tell us in the comments if you know of any additional activities coming up.
Clara Barton Community Center Holiday Crafts Show
- Where: 7425 MacArthur Boulevard, Cabin John
- When: Sunday, Dec. 2 from 1 p.m to 5 p.m.
- Description: Shoppers and browsers can talk to artists and crafters, admire their work and maybe even buy something. Items for sale include jewelry, beads, fiber arts, soaps, Christmas items, wood crafts, prints, metalwork, ceramics, glass, oils, watercolors, photography and books.
- Cost: Free to attend
- Where: 12621 Old Columbia Pike, Silver Spring
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1, 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Description: Annual benefit concert for Sister Girl Presents Inc., a 501(c)(3) an organization that awards grants to projects to provide food, clothing, education and medical assistance to orphans.
- Cost: $30.00
- Where: 4908 Auburn Ave, Bethesda
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 and Sunday, Dec. 2, various times
- Description: Winter Wonderland features a winter choral concert, ice sculpting, children's performances and Santa Claus.
- Cost: Free, Concert Cost: $10.00, Children Under 12: $5.00, Click here for tickets.
- Where: 9900 Stoneybrook Drive, Kensington
- When: Saturday, Nov. 30 – Saturday, Jan. 1, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Description: More than 600,000 lights. International crèche exhibit, 18 indoor decorated trees, outdoor life-sized nativity, and live performances nightly.
- Cost: Free
- Where: Strathmore, 10701 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda
- When: Saturday, Nov. 30, 7:30 p.m.
- Description: Julia Nixon performs songs of Burt Bacharach.
- Cost: See website for ticket information.
- Where: 3315 Greencastle Rd, Burtonsville
- When: Friday, Nov. 30 from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 1 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Description: Crafters, artisans, vendors and more. Food and baked goods prepared by the Knights of Columbus for sale.
- Cost: Free to attend.
Garden of Lights - Winter Walk-through Holiday Light Display
- Where: Brookside Gardens, 1800 Glenallan Ave, Silver Spring
- When: Sunday through Thursday 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., Friday and Saturday 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. and on New Year’s Eve until 9 p.m.
- Description: 16th annual holiday light display. Nightly musical performances by local musicians as well as refreshments and shopping.
- Cost: $25.00
- Where: Seneca Creek State Park, 11950 Clopper Rd, Gaithersburg
- When: Sunday, Nov. 25 – Sunday, Dec. 30; Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Friday – Saturday 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Description: 3.5 mile drive through 350 light displays, 60 of them animated.
- Cost: Monday – Thursday: $12.00, Friday – Sunday: $15.00, cash only at the gate.