Good morning, Potomac! It’s Monday morning and time to get your week started with these “5 Things.” Among our offerings: flu concerns, traffic delays and weather for the week ahead.
1. We’re looking at some rainy weather this week, with cooler weather and a chance of snow. Today will be rainy with temperatures falling in the 40s, according to the National Weather Service. We will see areas of dense fog through the morning.
2. The flu is spreading more quickly than usual in the Washington, DC, region this year, and Maryland is experiencing widespread cases. With several months still left in the flu season, doctors are encouraging residents to get vaccinated.
3. The Montgomery County Council of PTAs has scheduled a school safety forum for 7 p.m. on Wednesday in the auditorium of the Carver Educational Services Center in Rockville. County Council members and county police Chief J. Thomas Manger will be in attendance to speak with the community about school safety concerns.
4. How's it looking out there after two days off? Patch has the traffic delays and the green light for the open road here.
5. Do you love to share and connect with your community online? Check out the Potomac Patch Twitter account, and follow it for all the latest Potomac updates, especially regarding breaking news. We also have a Facebook page where we poll readers on those fun questions we’re just itching to ask.