Good morning, Potomac! It’s Monday morning and time to get your shortened work-week started with these “5 Things.” Among our offerings: weather advisories, traffic delays and top news.
1. We’re looking at some chilly weather this week, with rain and temperatures dropping through the week. Today will be rainy and cold with a high of 41 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. Freezing rain is possible, and the evening low will drop to 40. Much of Maryland—from the D.C. metro area to the Baltimore suburbs—is under a winter weather advisory Monday morning. Read more here.
2. With more than a dozen websites across Montgomery County, Patch brings you news from every corner of our community. Catch up on headlines you might have missed last week, including a speed camera controversy in Chevy Chase, a push to ban fracking in Maryland and a retail race in Clarksburg. Read more here.
3. Do you have an event that you're trying to promote on Patch? Looking for volunteers? Trying to promote a group exercise adventure? Do you have a church potluck that you want everyone to know about? Post it yourself on Patch! It's super easy; check out a quick how-to-video here.
4. How's it looking out there after a weekend offf? Patch has the traffic delays and the green light for the open road here.
5. Do you love to share and connect with your community online? Check out the Potomac Patch Twitter account, and follow it for all the latest Potomac updates, especially regarding breaking news. We also have a Facebook page where we poll readers on those fun questions we’re just itching to ask.