Good morning, Potomac and here are the five things you need to know today to help start off your week.
1. Let’s get ready to rumble! It’s playoff time for the Churchill boys varsity basketball team. After a first round bye, the Bulldogs will at . So wear your blue and green and show your pride for the home team.
2. Don’t forget to grab your umbrellas today because thunderstorms are on the way. Thunderstorms are hitting Potomac after 1 p.m., with damaging winds and heavy rain, according to the National Weather Service. Wind gusts could reach up to 32 miles-per-hour.
3. If you’re looking for a fun play date for the kids, swing by today around 9:30 a.m. Children are invited to until 11:30 a.m. — a great way to meet new friends and give the kids a few hours to play with age appropriate toys.
4. If you’re looking for a little Italian flavor, try the tonight for it’s . The restaurant is offering a choice of salad along with a choice of a number of Italian dishes, like spaghetti bolognese, orechiette with sausage and shrimp parmesan.
5. Potomac may be a long way from the Academy Awards’ red carpet, but you can catch up on what — and who — everyone was wearing to the Oscars last night. Sites like People.com, Glamour.com and Usmagazine.com have excellent galleries of the best and worst dressed. In case you’re not into trashy magazines, you can catch up on some of the Oscar winners because — oh yeah, that’s right — there was a show that went on, too. The Academy Awards website has a list of all of the nominees and starred each winner. Weigh in on Potomac Patch with your favorite moments, winners, movies and outfits.