Rise and shine, Potomac. It’s another great day in Montgomery County with five things to know to keep you in-the-know when it comes to local news.
1. Rain could hit the area on this otherwise warm day. There is a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon and again this evening, according to the National Weather Service. The day’s high will be near 88 degrees, while the low is around 72 degrees.
2. Explore the Caribbean through music and dance right here in Potomac! The is hosting the from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. During the event, musicians will perform music, instruments and dance of the Caribbean.
3. Shopping for apparel just got a lot easier! The school launched their new online Winston Churchill Spirit Store with hundreds of products in a variety of colors and texts. The site even offers items like Churchill bags, mugs, license plate frames and towels. Check out the site for some of the designs to show your Bulldog pride!
4. Want to ask the tough questions about local government? You can direct your questions to Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett, who will hold another from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Residents can enter questions before or during the live online discussion. Selected questions will be answered during the discussion. To submit a question and to view transcripts of past virtual town hall meetings, click here.
5. Are you a Potomac parent with an opinion? We want your voice! Potomac Patch is looking for a parenting columnist with an opinion about local issues and love for writing. Send your resume to email@example.com if you’re interested.