Although it doesn’t yet feel like summer, it’s getting close to that time of the year when parents and kids are thinking ahead for summer plans and which camps kids will attend. For this week’s Patch Picks, we are highlighting some of the great camps in the area where kids can learn, improve their athletic abilities, practice the arts and most importantly—have a little fun!
1. Bullis School Summer Programs- A series of one to three-week long programs at allow kids of all ages to choose camps geared toward athletics, academics, specific areas of interest or day camps. The sessions, which go from June 20 through August 12, will entertain kids and help the summer fly by.
2. Camp Challenger Space and Rocketry- This camp held at combines sports, space science and computer technology into a day camp program focusing on developing team building skills. The camp, which has sessions for kids ages 5 through 12 as well as the “junior” session for ages 3 to 5, has eight one-week sessions that go from June through August.
3. Fast Break Basketball Camp- Aspiring basketball players won’t want to miss the third annual basketball camp taught by ’s boys varsity basketball coach, Matt Miller. The camp, which is for boys and girls entering second through ninth grade, has three sessions: June 20 through June 24, June 27 through July 1 and July 11 through July 15. The camp goes from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Monday through Friday.
4. Camp China- If you’re child wants to learn the Chinese language and culture, this camp is a perfect fit. The camp is for children ages 4 though 11. Camp China will take place from June 20 through July 1 at Cabin John United Methodist Church, July 5 through July 15 and July 18 through 29 at
5. Endless Summer Club Holiday Camp- This camp at the will feature sports, games, arts and crafts, organized activities and special events for children ages 3 to 12. The camp will take place the last two weeks of August from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The list doesn't end here. What are your favorite camps in Potomac? Let us know in the comment section below!