Take a breath. If you're like me, you've got a few more items to check off on your to-do list, like buying a Christmas tree. Check out our suggestions for local vendors that are still selling trees, decorations and greenery. Happy Holidays!
1. : A live Christmas tree is a great alternative to a cut tree, according to owner Tom Mosley. Choose from hundreds of trees to make this holiday season special. Visitors to the farm can also choose to cut their own tree from a wide variety of species including Norway Spruce and White Pine. Trees small enough to fit on a tabletop to 12 to 16 foot specimens are priced at $10 per foot. About 20 Fraser Firs not grown on the farm are also available for purchase. Hours: Wednesday through Christmas Eve 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. : Fresh cut trees are still available, as well as roping, garland, wreaths, and magnolia and holly bunches. More than 60 Fraser Firs (4 to 12 feet) are in stock ranging in price from $34.99 to $79.99. Artificial trees are currently sold out. Holiday ornaments are 25 percent off. See the website for more details on holiday items. Hours: Wednesday through Friday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Christmas Eve 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
3. Good Earth in Potomac: All Fraser and Douglas Fir trees are 50 percent off — sizes range from 5-6 feet to 7-8 feet. Live wreaths, roping and poinsettias are also 50 percent off. Enjoy a savings of 60 percent off on all holiday decorations. And if you're in the market for an artificial tree, they're 50 percent off. Bring in your tree stand and the folks at Good Earth will set up your tree and tie onto the roof of your car. Hours: Wednesday through Friday 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Christmas Eve 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
4. : Douglas and Balsam Fir trees are still available for purchase. The 6-7 foot trees are approximately $30. Live garland, wreaths and pointsettias are also in stock. Hours: Wednesday through Friday 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Christmas Eve 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
5. : Fraser Firs from 4 to 14 feet (except 6-7 feet) are still in stock; prices range from $28 to $250. Live cedar roping, wreaths and poinsettias are also available, and prices ranges from $6 to $50. The center also sells artificial trees, wreaths and roping. Two collectible items of note for those who love to collect: Byers Choice Carolers and Department 56 houses and villages. See the website for more details on holiday items. Hours: Wednesday through Friday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Christmas Eve 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
6. Potomac Farm Market: Fraser Fir trees from 5 to 9 feet are priced between $40 and $80. Fresh wreaths are also available. Hours: Wednesday through Friday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Christmas Eve 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Locations: 12301 Darnestown Rd., Gaithersburg; 7305 MacArthur Blvd., Glen Echo; and 9035 Congressional Pkwy., Potomac. Trees can also be purchased at the Bethesda-Chevy Chase Rescue Squad (click here for details).
If you know of additional places in Potomac, North Potomac and Darnestown where residents can purchase a tree, greenery and decorations, tell us in the Comments section. Also, feel free to upload photos or video (click on Upload icon above) of your tree and/or decorations. We'd love to see them!