It is homecoming for Winston Churchill High School – which means a week of class competitions, dress up days, penny wars, fundraisers, dances and of course, football.
What to know this week:
- Tickets to the homecoming dance are on sale today, Wednesday and Thursday at lunch outside the cafeteria for $30 each. The dance is on Saturday from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. There is no school Friday – so the last day to buy tickets is Thursday.
- The fall pep rally begins in the stadium at 1 p.m. on Thursday. Classes will work on homecoming floats after school to get ready for Friday's football game.
- The homecoming float competition will start at 5:30 p.m. in the stadium before the homecoming game. Kickoff is at 6:30 p.m. and the Bulldogs will be taking on the Devils of Springbrook.
- The 2012 homecoming court will be announced at halftime during the game, along with the winners of the float competition and coin war competition.
- The homecoming king and queen will be announced at the homecoming dance. Parent volunteers are needed for the dance.
- During the dance doors close at 9:30 pm and students are free to leave when they want.
- Proceeds from this year's coin war go to Pennies for Patients with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The class with the most money raised will win the competition and a portion of the winning total.
Check out this video from the Churchill Daily Dose team for more information.