Cold Spring Elementary School
Cold Spring Elementary School is a kindergarden through fifth grade school in Potomac. Principal Martin Barnett leads the school, which is a Montgomery County Public School.
The school was founded in 1972 and is the only remaining open space school meaning that is has non-traditional, self-contained rooms with no doors or windows.
- Fax: 301-279-3226
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 4:30pm; Sat - Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: First floor access, sidewalk ramps
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1972
- Number of students: 390
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: The school has a licensed and accredited childcare facility in addition to the elementary school.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 23:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 45
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school is very engaged in the community and is a cornerstone of the neighborhood.
- What makes this community special?: The school is great because of the absolutely committed and dedicated staff, very supportive parents and kids who are well-behaved and engaged.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-5
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Cold Spring Elementary School has a chess club, after school classes, a 5th grade chorus, instrumental music for grades 4 and 5, student government and safety patrol.