Connelly School of the Holy Child
The Connelly School of the Holy Child is an all-female college preparatory school that serves students in grades 6 through 12. The school attracts students from the metro area, and it is set in a residential, safe area of Potomac.
The school emphasizes academic challenge, the joy of learning and the education of well-rounded women of faith and action. The school also has an award-winning sports program with a new artificial turf field.
A computer lab, fitness center and dance studio are elements that provide different outlets for students to excel.
- Fax: 301-365-0981
- Hours: Office: Mon -Fri, 7:30am - 5:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: There are ramps and elevators.
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1961
- Number of students: 300
- Male-to-female ratio: 0:100
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: The school is accredited through the Association of Independent Maryland Schools and is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools as well as in the Association of Independent Schools of Greater Washington, D.C.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 15:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 80
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school is involved in the community through community service opportunities such as the Walk for the Homeless and the race for autism. The school also participates in the Potomac Day Parade.
- What makes this community special?: The relationships between the faculty and the students make the school a great place. The low student-to-teacher ratio helps develop strong relationships between the teachers and the students, where students see faculty as mentors.
- Grade levels: 6 - 12
- Special education: No
- Uniforms: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: The Connelly School of the Holy Child has advanced placement courses in all subject areas, totaling about 15 AP courses.
- Extracurricular activities available: With 25 clubs and 13 different sports teams, students can stay involved. The school has a spring musical, middle school musical and different groups for musical and instrumental interests.
- Sports teams: The Connelly School of the Holy Child has 13 JV and 13 Varsity sports in High School and Middle School. The teams complete in the Independent School League.