Purchased by former slaves in 1875, Tobytown is a historic development that is now under the management of the county's Housing Opportunities Commission. It consists of 16 units, ranging from one to six bedrooms, and many of its residents still own the homes and/or can trace their ancestry to the original owners. It lies adjacent to a neighborhood park with tennis and basketball courts and a large playing field.
- Fax: 301-972-4295
- Handicap Accessible: Designated handicapped parking spaces, ramps
- Founding Date: Jul 01 1875
- What makes this community special?: Many residents have ancestors who owned the place until it was sold to HOC.
- Parking: Free lot
- Facilities: Basketball courts, Tennis courts
- Facility types: Indoor, Outdoor
- Features: Clubhouse, Food/drink, Picnic areas